Flathead County Extension Office provides training and testing for those consumers who wish to purchase and use restricted chemicals. Private applicators must be licensed prior to purchasing restricted chemicals that would be used on private lands, either owned, rented or leased.  Training includes all facets of chemicalimage of insects eating plant application including chemical safety, handling, equipment usage, chemical storage, and proper record keeping requirements.

To prepare for the exam required, customers are encouraged to purchase study materials which are available in the Extension Office for $20. Please be sure to contact the Extension Office to make an appointment to take the exam.  The exam fee is $50, made payable to the Montana Department of Agriculture, and the license is valid for five years.  Licenses can be maintained by obtaining recertification credits at trainings provided by both the Flathead County Extension Office and several of our community partners. For more information or to make an appointment, please contact Patricia McGlynn directly at 758-5554. 

For more information on the Private Pesticide Applicator Program you can go to the Pesticide Education Program to get information at the state level.

Commercial Applicator exam and licensing information can be obtained by contacting Kima Traynham, Montana Department of AG, at 257-9015.

For a Printable version of The Montana Private Applicator Program MontGuide go to https://store.msuextension.org/search.aspx?keyword=The+Montana+Private+Applicator+Program